Andy McCloy is Founder/CEO of Body Creations, Inc. and dropped in with the Urban Engine podcast team to discuss how to become an eternal learner as well as how to evolve and change yourself and your business as the market evolves.
The below notes capture some of the specific tactics described on the podcast and links to media referenced on this episode:
Episode 11 Show Notes
- Suggestion from Andy – After a period of reading or learning make a video or audio recording of yourself discussing the biggest takeaway you had from the learning period to help internalize the lessons.
- Never Lose A Customer Again – Joey Coleman
- “A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats” – President John F. Kennedy
- “Being an entrepreneur is like jumping out of an airplane and trying to build another airplane on the way down” – Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn & Paypal Founder
- Tactic – Avoiding looking at your phone or computer except to start a podcast or take some specific, productive action.
- Deep Work – Cal Newport
- Dean Jackson video
- Pomodoro Method of Time Blocking
- The best way to learn something is to make yourself teach it to someone else – Andy